The Forest Conservation Burial Ground
The Forest is proud to be the first dedicated natural burial ground in the state of Oregon! We take all of the goodness of natural burial in a traditional cemetery and apply it to the entire environment rather than keeping it to just a few isolated sites amongst other conventional graves.
We believe in conservation, and intend to protect this land—as a whole living entity—with an Oregon Stewardship Trust. This means that burial fees go back into upholding our values of conservation, restoration and management of the soil, forests and wetlands.
We promise that:
- The land will be protected against future development, forever.
- The plants and soil will be cared for without pesticides and herbicides.
- Wildlife and natural flora and fauna will be supported, always.
- We will uphold practices that reflect the utmost care of the ecosystem.
And most importantly:
- Our community will always have a beautiful and inspirational place to come to pay tribute to those who came before us—for generations to come.
The Forest Conservation Burial Ground is a proud member of the Conservation Burial Alliance
The Conservation Burial Alliance is a collaborative of conservation burial grounds and invested allies that fosters the conservation and sustainable management of land with natural burial for the benefit of people and the planet.